- GO Hang Gliding!
- Online Store
- Browse Store Categories
- Buy Gift Vouchers & Coupons
- Buy Tandem Hang Gliding Flights
- Pay For Courses & Training
- Extreme Sports Helmets
- Variometers & GPS Devices
- UHF / VHF Radios & Headsets
- Blueye Sunglasses & Goggles
- GoPRO Cameras & Accessories
- Hang / Para Gliding Parachutes
- New Hang Gliders & Bags
- Hang Gliding Harnesses
- Second Hand Hang Gliding Gear
- Hang Gliding and Flying Books
- Other Flying Accessories
- Clothing and Accessories
- WWS Miscellaneous Payments
- Browse Products By Manufacturer
- View All Products
- Shopping Help
- Gear Manufacturers Info
- Shopping Reviews
- Browse Store Categories
- Local Info
North Wing Freedom Hang Glider
The North Wing Freedom Hang Glider is a high aspect ratio, curved tip, single surface dream machine.
Please select from the options to place your Northwing Freedom order. You can read more about the Freedom below. Any other questions, feel free to Contact Us.
Product Availability and Delivery:
3 weeks delivery (to Sydney) for an in-stock (at North Wing USA) Freedom.
6-8 weeks for a custom Freedom to be made up and shipped here for Warren Windsports to then inspect and test fly.
The price listed includes all of the shipping and taxes to land it, ready for pickup, at the Stanwell Park, Australia.
Please contact us if shipping within Australia is required. This is surprisingly low priced.
The North Wing Freedom is a great high aspect ratio hang glider, with curved tips and 35% double surface, for added performance to this single-surface style glider. A simple, lightweight glider, with great handling and excellent performance for it's class.
The Northwing Freedom hang glider is a great option for recreational pilots, or seasoned pilots looking for a glider for coastal soaring. The Freedom also makes a brillant glider for novice pilots, and will be suitable for aerotowing and flying cross country in your first comps.
Available in four sizes to cater for a wide range of pilot weights.
The 190 model is the perfect single-surface option for pilots around 95kg or more.
Curt's Pro Tip:
Advanced hang gliding pilots may consider the North Wing Freedom if you they are looking for a simple easy-to-fly glider for inland XC flights. For a floater-class glider, I was impressed by the amount of performance the Freedom had, along with the light bar pressure and lack of sail flutter at high speeds. You will definitely see for yourself!
If you are looking to fly the sand dunes, or get the slowest take-off/landing speeds, then I’d stick with the Moyes Malibu. Looking closely, the floater gliders all land slightly easier then the Freedoms, which don't have quite as wide of "flare window".
The Lowdown on Option Upgrades: Definitely go for the Comfort Bar (speed bar?), and Flip Tip batons.
- PX 15 (Sailcloth) Leading Edge: Glide slightly better, STALL speeds 15% higher (run faster!) when wet. - Looks slick.
- PX 15 (Sailcoth) Mainbody: Glide slightly better, handling is slightly more effort. Looks slick again.
- Aerofoil Speedbar: Not much gain, but a lot more money.
- Fast Foil Control Bar Frame: - Same as above.
- Crossbar Fairing: Slight gain, but you'd always have to attach/detach it when you set up and pack up.
- Full Race: Unless you are loaded, I wouldn't bother with the Full Race upgrade.
$: The Shipping, Customs, and GST fees add up quickly when importing an overseas glider into Australia. If it's the right glider for you, I wouldn't be put off by the extra cost.
|North Wing Freedom Hang Glider Specs (download PDF)||367.84 KB|