- GO Hang Gliding!
- Online Store
- Browse Store Categories
- Buy Gift Vouchers & Coupons
- Buy Tandem Hang Gliding Flights
- Pay For Courses & Training
- Extreme Sports Helmets
- Variometers & GPS Devices
- UHF / VHF Radios & Headsets
- Blueye Sunglasses & Goggles
- GoPRO Cameras & Accessories
- Hang / Para Gliding Parachutes
- New Hang Gliders & Bags
- Hang Gliding Harnesses
- Second Hand Hang Gliding Gear
- Hang Gliding and Flying Books
- Other Flying Accessories
- Clothing and Accessories
- WWS Miscellaneous Payments
- Browse Products By Manufacturer
- View All Products
- Shopping Help
- Gear Manufacturers Info
- Shopping Reviews
- Browse Store Categories
- Local Info
2017 Tasmania Drifter Tour
We're hosting another epic hang gliding adventure to FLY Tasmania's coastal mountains, sand dunes, and in-land XC sites.
Besides reaching flying milestones, this Tasmanian adventure is aimed at offering a trip of lifetime, with the mission of touring into some scenic and rugged areas with the 4x4, loaded up with friends. Please see the attached links (below) of videos & photos of our tour last year's Tasmania Drifter Tour.
In between flying, we'll take the chance to explore Hobart, Mt. Wellington, or one of the many pristine bays.
New for our 2017 Tasmania Tour this coming summer:
- Accommodation included in price
- Both breakfast and lunch included in price
- Bruny Island! We're looking to pioneer some dune flying on Brunny Island
- More Mt Wellington options! Dates will be outside the Hobart Regatta (which will free up the landing zone for Mt. Wellington)
- Warren Windsports team pilot, Rohan Taylor, will also be onboard as a driver and team pilot.
Accommodation for this tour will be included, located just 2km from the Hobart CBD, in a luxury 4 bedroom house, and with an outdoor jacuzzi, of course. This Warren Windsports base camp work well for morning briefings, as well as a place to kick our feet up at the end of the day, relax, and compare stories over a beer.
Price for this 9 DAY tour, $2750 AUD, includes:
- Glider transport (on our truck, via the Melbourne ferry) from Stanwell Park to TAS, and return
- Pick up & drop off at Hobart Airport
- 8 nights accommodation in Hobart.
- Seat in the truck ("Mr T") with all fuel paid
- Instructors/drivers Curt Warren and Rohan Taylor who will be helping everyone to get high, go far, and stay safe
- Local guide Boris Marold (on ground & in-air) who knows local weather & Tasmania like the back of his flying glove
- Breakfast & Lunch each day
Curt, Rohan, and Boris will be providing air-to-air radio assistance, as well as:
- morning weather briefings
- site inductions
- site fees (paid to Tasmanian HG & PG Assoc) are included in tour price
- task/goal strategies, based on the site, and the given weather.
- tips to improve thermaling, launching, landing, use of gear...
- post-flight debrief later on with other co-pilots, over a frosty beverage
There will be 6 spots open for this tour. We want pilots to come away with a trip of a lifetime!
The most recent 2015 Tasmania Drifter Tour didn't just happen...it evolved after two other successful expeditions of our Hinterlands Drifter Tour....
...Check out the evolution of our tours:
- Photos/Blog: 2011 Hinterland Drifter Tour
- Photos/Blog: 2012 Hinterlands Drifter Tour
- The Video: 2012 Hinterlands Drifter Tour
- The Video: 2015 Tamania Drifter Tour (Our pilots flew seven out of nine days, covering five different sites)
Be sure to contact us if you or have any questions
Our Hobart accommodation for our upcoming 2017 TOUR: