- GO Hang Gliding!
- Online Store
- Browse Store Categories
- Buy Gift Vouchers & Coupons
- Buy Tandem Hang Gliding Flights
- Pay For Courses & Training
- Extreme Sports Helmets
- Variometers & GPS Devices
- UHF / VHF Radios & Headsets
- Blueye Sunglasses & Goggles
- GoPRO Cameras & Accessories
- Hang / Para Gliding Parachutes
- New Hang Gliders & Bags
- Hang Gliding Harnesses
- Second Hand Hang Gliding Gear
- Hang Gliding and Flying Books
- Other Flying Accessories
- Clothing and Accessories
- WWS Miscellaneous Payments
- Browse Products By Manufacturer
- View All Products
- Shopping Help
- Gear Manufacturers Info
- Shopping Reviews
- Browse Store Categories
- Local Info
Learn To Fly - Hang Gliding Lessons NSW
Warren Windsports Hang Gliding School NSW Australia
Warren Windsports Hang Gliding School is committed to providing professional hang gliding instruction. Curt Warren is a National Champion Hang Glider Pilot and his well-traveled flying career equips the school with a variety of proven training techniques.
Tandem & solo hang gliding lessons are at world renowned Bald Hill, Stanwell Top, just south of Sydney in New South Wales on the Australian East Coast. As a student, you will also train at other Sydney area flying sites, providing you with the knowledge needed to continue on as a solo pilot, when the instructional course finishes.
Come Hanggliding at Stanwell Park in the Illawarra Region of the NSW South Coast Sydney Australia.
Hang Gliding Training Methods
- Tandem Flights - Simple: YOU fly, with the instructor's help
- Sand Dune Training - the "bunny hill" by the beach.
- Low Tows - low (2 meters high) and slow towing to get some airtime
- Mountain Soaring - High solo flights assisted with UHF radio
Be sure to check out the Blog to get a good idea of the training techniques, equipment and flying sites that the students regularly fly.
Hang Gliding Novice Course Information
Lesson Package - $2,950 Includes:
- 10-14Days of Training
- Uses a variety of Hang Gliding opportunities and techniques
- All equipment is provided
- HGFA Student Membership and 3rd Party Insurance
- Multi-media theory is included and paralleled with practical sessions
- HGFA Intermediate Rating! Further theory, testing, and check flights included free for our own Novice Course graduates!
Warren Windsports offers HOURS of hands-on airtime. This opportunity exists through around 7 instructional tandem flights. Tandem instruction is: our specialty, and is an integral component of our training program and essential for the developing pilot. Students more readily absorb and understand flight aspects with an instructor by their side giving crucial feedback at the correct moments.
The goal is not just to fly solo, but to create a solid hang gliding foundation, from which to build upon over a career of aerial adventures.
Students usually finish courses and are competent, licensed, beginner pilots at around 10-14 training days.
Note: These training days do not need to be consecutive. In fact, most local students prefer to complete their hang gliding course, sporadically, over two to three months, fitting modules into their busy schedule. Most importantly, if you want to learn to fly... just get started!
Local Site Knowledge: An advantage of learning to hang glide with Warren Windsports is that you will gain valuable local site-knowledge, and also a network of local pilots, in the Sydney and Wollongong area flying sites.
Continued Support: The Warren Windsports Crew take pride in assisting and mentoring former students, long after they've graduated from the Novice Course. Also, our Novice Course fledglings will be eligible for free support to gain their HGFA Intermediate Rating! This will include the Theory & Testing, log book review, as well as check flights for the next HGFA Pilot Rating! Additionally, there will be opportunities to enroll in further training workshops, such as our Advanced Training Clinics.
- Required Training Manual - Hang Gliding for Beginner Pilots: $60
- Required Training Resource - The Art of Skysailing Workbook and DVD: $65
- HGFA Pilot Handbook: Download free from HGFA website
Course Application Process
To apply to Learn to Fly with Warren Windsports please:
- Read through the Novice Training Policies, FAQs and this Learn to Fly page
- Apply online for a position in the Novice Training Course
- Once your application is accepted, you may pay for a course installment.
Also, you might be interested in....
Our 2-day introduction into Hang Gliding Course based in south Sydney and Wollongong
If you have any other questions, please contact us.
Learn to Fly with current world-class competition pilots.
Our friendly team always delivers a professional and FUN flying experience!
Apply for Novice Training Course Enrollment online now.
Novice Students, Learning to hang glide solo